Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Laissez es bon temps rouler (but don't forget to wear a coat)

I just opened an email reminder, sent out last night by a New Orleans organization I work with remotely:
"Due to Mardi Gras, there will be no update tomorrow - laissez es bon temps rouler!"

And right at that moment, I found myself yearning to trade all these mountains of snow for a party mask, beads, cajun jambalaya, and maybe even just one layer of light clothing. But then I checked out the New Orleans weather forecast for today - rain and a high/low of 51/36 (wind chill right now is 25!). Not exactly a gorgeous day there either. Apparently I can't even daydream myself into a warm and sunny world.

New Orleans, 2/17/2015
Photo from Reuters, printed in an NBC News posting,
New Orleans Shivers in One of Coldest Mardi Gras Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment