Monday, July 27, 2015

Rainbow Chasing in Amherst (this afternoon)


Rainbow over Amherst - Amherst, MA (7/27/2015)
Photo by S. Vardatira
Forget tornado chasing for the moment. This afternoon was all about rainbow chasing (for me anyway). As soon as I saw the rain pouring while the sun was shining I hit the road. Rainbow profusion - actually saw what appeared to be two or three completely different rainbows within about 15 minutes. As I pulled off the road at one point a passerby remarked happily, "all rainbows go to Amherst!" Of course, we were in Amherst, so it only seemed like that. I'm sure people were seeing them all over the Valley, but Amherst's rainbows were spectacular.

Rainbow over Route 9 (looking towards Amherst Center)
Photo by S. Vardatira - Amherst, MA 7/27/2015

Rainbow over UMass from Rt 116 - Amherst, MA 7/27/2015
Photo by S. Vardatira

No comments:

Post a Comment