Thursday, February 4, 2016

Did someone say snow?

Days like today can be extremely humbling for those of us in the habit of talking about the weather. I started off this morning reassuring all my coworkers that there would be no snow around here. "It's all to the southeast," I said. "Nothing to worry about."

So now let it be known that a Winter Weather Advisory has just been posted for the Amherst area from 1 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday - it will all start off as rain about 30 minutes from now. And by the time it wraps up, expect 3 - 5 inches of snow (though probably more like 3 inches around here). Heavy, wet snow at that, which will freeze into block ice tomorrow evening.

Hey, when I'm wrong I say I'm wrong. No one puts Baby in a corner. (Extra points if you know what movie I'm borrowing from there.)

Stay safe out there, everyone. And if you're traveling east, south, or southeast, expect more like 4 to 8 inches of that heavy wet stuff and lots of delays, along with possible power outages. Apparently winter isn't quite done yet. Or maybe it's just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment