Saturday, January 26, 2013

More Strange (Very Strange) Sights Around Amherst

I just saw something so unexpected, so surprising, that I hardly know how to appropriately capture the experience. So I'll just put it out there, no preamble, no setting the scene. Well, except to say this. It's 21°F outside right now, but with the wind, it feels more like 11°F. It's sunny, but frigid. Last night's coating of snow is glittery and sparkling in the way snow looks only on the coldest of days. Now imagine for a moment, if you can, what it feels like at Puffer's Pond today. Imagine being out in the open, on the well frozen icy surface, with no windbreaks at all. And then imagine being dressed in... wait for it... wait for it... a sleeveless, satin, wedding dress. While I am always excited to see something new on any given trek to Puffer's, that's a sight I never anticipated. Turns out that Puffer's is the location for a fashion wedding shoot today - focused on wedding attire. As one of the photographers commented to me, "Tough model." I'll say. I was wearing warm boots, coat, sweater, layers under that, rabbit fur-lined bomber hat, mitten/glove combo, and scarf. The model was wearing (just in case you didn't catch this the first time) a sleeveless, summery satin white wedding gown. Modeling really may be the toughest gig around.

By the way, the photographer has promised to send a picture, and if he does, you'll be the third to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment