Sunday, February 21, 2016

Bobcat, coyote, and bear! Oh my!

Really big bobcat checking out pumpkin (aw, there's a nice kitty!)
Photo by Brendan Trainor, Western MA
And you thought the Land of Oz was frightening! These three photos, captured in the fall and winter by friend of Head in the Clouds Amherst, Brendan Trainor, bring you some of our area's most common (and usually elusive) carnivores. Okay, I confess, I'm taking artistic license there - the New England Black Bear is actually an omnivore. 
Coyote in Snow - by Brendan Trainor
Regardless, you and your pets would do well to avoid all three. 

And just in case you were wondering, I assure you that Brendan survived all three encounters just fine (including crossing paths with that very sizable bobcat). Thanks again for sharing, Brendan. In my opinion, this is the perfect vantage point! 
Bear way too close - Photo by Brendan Trainor

No comments:

Post a Comment