Saturday, May 22, 2021

Seeking Storminess

Hazy May - Hadley MA - May 2021
Photo by Sharon Vardatira

Could a stormy, summery afternoon be in our near future? I took a tour around the Valley a few hours ago, and concluded that today may not be that day. Anyone who is a fan of the movie Twister should picture me, like Bill "the human barometer," looking skyward, letting a handful of dirt fall from my hand to see which way the wind blows, letting the energy in the air wash over me. (That image makes me smile every time.)

Although today does have the feel of an afternoon that could melt into storminess, based on the more scientific weather forecast (and my keen intuition, of course), we are likely to get more of that stormy weather about 24 hours from now. Our excessively long spate of days of puffy, lovely cumulus clouds has been fair-weather fabulous, but their more energetic cumulonimbus cousins can be downright awe-inspiring. 

This is what it's like outside right now in the Pioneer Valley. Please post any stormy weather you catch over the weekend - or stormy weather scenes from days gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment