Sunday, September 18, 2022

Mount Pollux After the Storm

Mount Pollux, Amherst - by Isabella Dell'Olio

This photo, by local photographer Isabella Dell'Olio, was the featured photo for August in the 2019 Head in the Clouds Amherst Wall Calendar. Although technically I should be posting a past September image in September, I opted to break my own rule with this posting.

Per Whitman,
"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
This view of the sky from Mount Pollux in Amherst is one of my all-time favorite calendar photos. Isabella, well known across the region for her powerful and moving portraits, described the circumstances leading to this moment: “Pollux has always been a special place for us, no matter the season, the wind, or the color of the sky and clouds. I was driving home after a crazy summer storm and found myself in the perfect spot at the perfect time.” I love photos like Isabella’s that embody their own story.
And while we’re on the subject of calendars, our 2023 calendar is now available, and we could not be more excited and proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment