Monday, February 11, 2013

Bad Weather & Wishing I Shoveled Everything

NOTE Added 2/11 at 6:15 AM: ARPS has now changed the Monday 2/11 school start time delay to a SCHOOL CLOSING. No school in Amherst today.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY currently in effect for Amherst and much of Western Massachusetts from 6am to 1pm on Monday. We also have a two hour school start time delay. Sleet, snow and freezing rain is forecast. On top of our already snowy roads and walkways, any kind of freezing precipitation is going to make for treacherous travel.

Those of you who shoveled out completely yesterday and today should be feeling pretty good about now. I myself must confess to clearing everything - walks, back porch, driveway, mailbox - everything except one exceptionally snow covered car. I started in on the mountain surrounding the car yesterday and again today, but the drifts around it were so high and the task so daunting that I decided to put it off until tomorrow in the hopes that a little melting might lighten the task. Bad idea! Given the forecast, it seems likely I'm going to be regretting that decision, especially if I end up having to deal with a car encased in over two feet of frozen solid snow-ice. On the up side, however, I look forward to being able to provide a first hand cautionary tale to entertain and inform!

No comments:

Post a Comment